Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back to the Island.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live on a remote island? Personally I think it's a great idea. Lately, I've been preoccupied with thoughts of the recession, college, and general worrying burdens, nothing all that serious, but distracting nonetheless. One night I had a thought, if we went to an Island, I'm picturing scenes from The Beach. There would be no need for currency, everyone would have their tasks. Ideally we'd be a group of close knit friends and family, we'd have our own vegetable patch and animals for food. We would build our own cabins gradually and there'd be a boat which would ship our family members to and fro occasionally, because we all know, as much as we'd like to escape them, we couldn't leave them forever.
As much as I'd like to prohibit recreation, there probably would inevitably be children on the island and a few couples. I'd say the single people will all score each other eventually, but it'll all be good fun. I haven't thought really about much else, the main criteria is that there is no currency, no salary, no bills, sounds good doesn't it?
Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment